is Abiword compatible with At-spi architecture and could be made fully accessible with Orca?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Fri Nov 7 18:20:20 GMT 2008

Dear core developers of Orca and other users,

    Do You think, that Abiword could be made accessible with Orca, now, I
found out, that many dialogs are accessible without problems, including all
menus, but navigation inside opened or newly created document is not
available with Orca. Orca can not read and intereact when User is pressing
arrow keys or Del and Backspace. Could be possible to also access this edit
area in Abiword, or this is not possible, because there are no possibility
to get text from this document area, because it is not compatible with
At-spi? I AM aware, that openoffice package is fully accessible, but when
Abiword is also presented, may be, that it could be possible to make some
scripts for accessing document content in Abiword too.

If no, please try to tell Me, why is not possible from programmers wiev.

Thank You for Your answer.

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel