Hardy and Alsa

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat May 17 00:45:16 BST 2008

hi.  Yes, that info is no longer valid.  Hardy now uses pulseaudio for all output.  Gnome-speech is already set up to use pulseaudio.
i don't have a Hardy install nere now, but you should have left gnome-speech alone and changed all audio output in system sound to pulse instead of alsa.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny