liblouisxmml

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 19:44:41 BST 2008

Greetings,
Does anyone have any experience building liblouisxml in ubuntu 7.10?

I downloaded the newest packages from jjb-software Tuesday, and I'm having trouble getting liblouisxml to build.

I made liblouis without any erros nd lou_allround worked well.

However, when I try to make liblouisxml I get the following error:

$: make -f linux-Makefile
gcc -c  -Wall  -fPIC -O2 transcriber.c -I/usr/include/libxml2
In file included from transcriber.c:35:
louisxml.h:34:27: error: libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory
In file included from louisxml.h:37,
                 from transcriber.c:35:
transcriber.h:94: error: expected    )    before    *    token
In file included from transcriber.c:35:
louisxml.h:187: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:188: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:189: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:190: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:191: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:192: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:193: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:194: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:195: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:196: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:197: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:198: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:199: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:203: error: expected    )    before    *    token
louisxml.h:204: error: expected    =   ,    ,   ,    ;   ,    asm    or    __attribute__    before    *    token
louisxml.h:205: error: expected    )    before    *    token
transcriber.c:540: error: expected    )    before    *    token
transcriber.c:588: error: expected    )    before    *    token
make: *** [transcriber.o] Error 1
$:

The liblouis mailing-list suggested there might be something wrong with my libxml2.  I found libxml2.so.2.6.30 under /usr/lib, but I noticed that the makefile adds /usr/include/libxml2 to the include path, but I have no libxml2 directory under /usr/include.

Does anyone know what i need to do to get this package to compile?

Thanks:-)