qspeech-dispatcher

Guy Schlosser guyster at bex.net
Sun May 11 17:48:06 BST 2008

Hey there Mike, although Kenny is correct in saying that you don't
necessarily need speech-dispatcher for playing multiple streams, the
reason you're not seeing sd in the choice of speech systems is
because speech-dispatcher is no longer started as a system-wide
service in Hardy.  Easiest way to get it to start automaticly is to
go to system>preferences>sessions and add speech-dispatcher as a
startup programs.  Once you reboot after making this change, you
should see it as an available option.  I hope that helps.

Later,

Guy