Making synthetic speech more responsive & setting up dial up internet

Tony Bernedal sm5xgp at bernedal.net
Fri May 9 06:05:19 BST 2008

Hi all.
I tried to use festival speech with orca. First I can't seem to get the CMU
voices to be found in orca preferenses. Only kal show up there. another
problem is that when I use festival speech don't work if I for example
playing music with rythmbox, but if I close rythmbox the speech is back. It
works both with speech and music if i use espeak.
I use ubuntu 8.04 on a hp nx7400 laptop.
Any ideas?
Regards Tony
(new to linux/ubuntu and loving it)
Hälsningar Tony