New To Ubuntu and Orca

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:43:50 GMT 2008

Hi,
I have recently installed Ubuntu on a HP computer given to me by a friend. I was unable to get Orca to start for the installation. Once we got it installed though, I set Orca to start up at log on, but it doesn't work. When the system comes up, I can get Orca by pressing alt-f2 and typing orca and pressing enter.
There are some problems I am still having even when Orca is running though. It seems to lose speech a lot. Firefox almost doesn't work at all with it. For a long time, I couldn't get Orca to speek when using the arrow keys, only with tab. It doesn't report links or headings or lists, only text. It also loses speech when I go in to some of the different programs like update manager or add remove. It does seem to work great with Open Office. It also loses speech when I play any music or videos.
The main things I am concerned with though are Firefox and Evolution. Is there something I can do to make it work better with both of those?
Thanks for any help
Storm