speech-dispatcher

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 16:50:49 GMT 2008

Hi, I re installed speech-dispatcher on my desktop which has a sound blaster card.
After removing the file in profile., and restarting it worked.
But this did not work on my laptop. When I install speech-dispatcher and restart, I loose all speech and do not even get the login sound. I did try disabling software sound mixing, but this didn't work either. The python-speechd is installed.
Has anyone else had problems getting speech-dispatcher to work on a laptop.
Mike.