Firefox, Lynx, Links

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Wed Jul 30 08:07:57 BST 2008

    JM> Hello,

    JM> it's strange I know but I am not able to work with Orca and
    JM> Firefox. As I read somewhere in Help it shuld work similarly to
    JM> any other Screen reader. So after pressing h you should jump to
    JM> header and so. But nothing works for me. Do you know where a
    JM> mistake could be? Maybe I'm in awrong mode or something.
Which version of firefox you use? It works  with firefox 3.0. very well.
For help of key navigation you can find on http://live.gnome.org/Orca

    JM> Also does anyone use Lynx or Links in console? Now I'm browsing
    JM> with Edbrowse.

I use w3m direct in Emacs and Emacs with speechd-el. For most good text
sites works very well. You can use Emacs in gnome, so you have in one
place Emacs with w3m, dired (file manager), bbdb (small database for
addresses), gnus (news and mail reader), calculator, etc. etc. In other
windows you can have firefox or another gtk applications.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008