windows installer, pretty nice.

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Tue Feb 26 22:36:13 GMT 2008

Ok, I started the installer from the live CD, followed the instructions and chose ubuntu when the computer restarted.
This time I left it alone, and did hear the login tune played four times.
In time I rebooted because the computer didn't. Hey, it worked fine. I had to start orca manually, but everything works. I did notice like with my full install, for some reason many times orca starts and crashes the first time. The second time I started orca, I got the message desktop.
This install is slightly slower, but so far it seems to be working fine. Pretty nice to be able to install this way.
It would be nice if the bootloader could beep at the prompt.
Mike.
out four times that the login tune was played.
After waiting a lot of time, a half hour or so, I rebooted because the computer didn't do this on it's own.
I downarrowed once after I felt the hard drive access and pressed enter. Hey, I got the login sound and did log in. Orca didn't start, but I started it manually.
I have noticed even with my full install of ubuntu that often orca starts and seems to crash the first time. For what ever reaso nI get no speech after the welcome message. Starting it again corrects this problem.
Mike.