a problem with the live cd

David Picón Álvarez david at miradoiro.com
Tue Feb 19 01:13:13 GMT 2008

> Accessibility users haven't really been able to select their language,
> even prior to this change. This change was not up to me, and I couldn't
> argue with the change being made. Do you really begrudge one extra key
> having to be pressed just so you can boot the CD?

Language was possible to choose. I know many people chose Spanish by
pressing appropriate function key and arrowing down a set  number of times.
Personally I can use English and understand English synthetic voice, but
many can't.

> As for accessibility for users of other languages, I have a plan to
> address that for the next release, as it is far too late to try and do
> something aboutit for hardy. The hopeful plan is if an accessibility
> option is chosen, that the language the user wishes to use is asked for
> just before the desktop loads.

That is not a bad idea, but sadly, Hardy installation experience will be a
downgrade.

--David.