ubuntu or usb

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Wed Dec 10 00:01:14 GMT 2008

Hi, I have used the included USB creator that comes with ubuntu quite a bit. Here is what I have found. You seem to get all updates fine except for kernel updates. I always get a message about the kernel not installing because of being a live CD.
I thought that may be of interest to anyone getting updates on a usb instillation. I don't really know what is causing this, and it may be something that could be corrected in a remastered copy of ubuntu.
Mike.