open office

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 4 06:59:11 GMT 2008

mike wrote:
> Hi, what is the best way to get open office 3 for intrepid. I know it
> wasn't included with the release, so is there a file that can be
> downloaded to install it in intrepid. One other thing. I see they
> started with the production of the new version of ubuntu a little
> early. Has anyone tried it yet? If so, is Orca working or is sound
> broken as it usually is for awhile in the new productions. Mike.

I created a screen cast on how to install OOo v3. You can view it here:
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=3720000&fromSeriesID=372

the "source code" section of the same page is a transcript of the video.

The instructions are based on the HOWTO article at:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-OpenOffice-org-3-0-in-Ubuntu-8-10-96449.shtml

regards,
emma

--