Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm (not) a man of wealth and taste!

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 4 00:05:48 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 11:20:21AM PST, Anthony Sales wrote:
> Greetings earthlings!
>
> My name is Tony Sales and I currently work as the ICT Development Officer at
> the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford. I have recently
> released (in the loosest possible sense of the word) a customised version of
> Ubuntu called Vibuntu (or Vinux - can't decide!) which is aimed at visually
> impaired users. It is still very early days, but I decided to make it
> available straight-away so that I could collect feedback, suggestions and
> advice from interested parties rather than keep it hidden away until it is
> finished (alledgedly).

Then I invite you to let me know what you are changing in your version of Ubuntu, so we can include it in the main Ubuntu release. I personally believe that it is much better to do as much as can be done in the main ubuntu release, so that people who don't have access to the net, or the resources that we have here, such as the orca list et al, can benefit.

I pondered making a separate version of Ubuntu for this reason a while ago, but was convinced to put my changes into Ubuntu proper.

Feel free to contact me off-list to discuss what you are doing, and how best we can integrate your changes into Ubuntu proper.

Regards
Luke Yelavich
Ubuntu Accessibility Team Leader.