changing menu items

Steve Lee steve at fullmeasure.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 08:54:40 BST 2008

On 17/04/2008, Donald Raikes <don at draikes.com> wrote:
>  I tried going to system -> preferences -> main menu, and adding a new
>  item, but after specifying the launcher information and clicking ok, it
>  didn't appear in the menu items list.
[...]
>  So is there a trick to getting this to work, or is there a way to change
>  the existing launcher to point to the new firefox?

Hi Donald, when you add the item the tick box next to it in the list
of menu items that makes it visible may be unchecked. If you want to
add an item to the panel (the bar at the top with the menus and icons
on) then right click and 'add to panel'. Personally I'd keep the old
launcher for Firefox around in case you hit problems with the beta.

As you posted this to the accessibility list I wonder if you there are
access issues with either of these methods like lack of key access
(I'm on Windows right now so can't check)?

--
Steve Lee