problems installing java-access-bridge

Donald Raikes don at draikes.com
Mon Apr 14 23:42:31 BST 2008

Hello,

I installed ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) onto my hard drive over the weekend.
I updated it with the latest sun jjdk (java-6-sun), and ran apt-get
upgrade as well.

Now I want to compile the java-access-bridge and install it into the
jvm.

I did this last week on the same system before needing to rebuild due to
some systematic issues.

When I download the java-access-bridge-1.20.2 tarball and try to
configure it, I get a nerror saying that I have no libspi installed, or
at least not version 1.17 or greater.

Do I need to manually install a later version of at-spi, or should I be
able to update my system to the proper versions of atk gail and at-spi
to enable the accessbridge?