Utilizing Orca (General Question)

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:47:47 BST 2007

Hello, everyone.

I've been taking classes related to the JAWS screen reader for the past
couple of weeks.  The organization which is teaching me does not offer
any support for Ubuntu/Linux (nor did they really know anything about
it).  I've been a user of screen magnifiers for years, but I've recently
realized that I can accomplish things a lot faster by using a screen
reader.  I've been working with Orca a bit today, and I just have a few
questions:

1)  How does one go about reading Web pages with Orca?  Is this
something which will be improved with Firefox in Ubuntu Gutsy?

2)  Is Thunderbird at all accessible?

3)  I found the page which contains information related to Orca keyboard
shortcuts.  Are there any others whihc may not be listed?  And is there
any other place I can find information on Orca?

Thanks, everyone.

Take care.