Speech quitting

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 15 23:48:36 BST 2007

3 messages on ubuntu-accessibility-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>    1. orca nolonger speaks (mike coulombe)
>    2. Re: orca nolonger speaks (Luke Yelavich)
>    3. Re: orca nolonger speaksL (Luke Yelavich)

I had the no speak problem; cured by different things wrong.
Once was fixed by removing and reinstalling ORCA, when it regained it's
sound, AND found the IBM voice I'd been trying to add.
The second time was the sound volume control being not installed,
according to a boot up screen, which was fixed by an update.
My updates are automatic, with permission, so I don't know how to steer
you to them.
Wil