Magnifer and touchpad in Kubuntu

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 18:42:21 GMT 2007

Sorry for the delay in response -- been sent off site for a few days.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, alan c wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > I've been finding that when I move the mouse over some
> > icons in order to magnify them, they are activated as if I have
> > double-clicked on them.
>
> This is the touch pad 'Tapping' facility. I always turn it off, it drives me
> mad.
> The way I know to turn it off is by editing the file, essentially editing the
> value of maxtaptime
> Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
> the zero value stops the function.
>
> there is a link
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InputDevices

that sounds like the thing.  I've never got on with touchpads.
I probably need to read more about how to use them  (rolling one's
fingertip on the pad seems to give finer control, but I prefer mice).
Anyway this should help, I've not read that link yet. Maybe more
questions later :-)

        Thank you.
        Hugh