TR: big problem with BrlTty under Gutsy

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Wed Nov 21 19:55:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon pre-installed on my new Asus laptop.

Ubuntu starts-up correctly but I encountered a BIG annoying problem with
my Alva Satellite 544:
the display is recognized but I doesn't like the us table and I wasn't
able to find the efficient method to prevent hal to redetect the Alva or to
override my /etc/brltty.conf:

even if I mv /etc/udev/rules.d/85-brltty.rules
or block /lib/brltty/brltty.sh
or provide the same text-table de to both /etc/brltty.conf +
/etc/brltty.conf.orig, it *still* continues to start with us table and
to override /etc/brltty.conf

Please it would be very nice to resolve this very big bug and publish
asap a new brltty package update: I'm becoming crazy!

If someone can tell me step by step what to do (since my English is not
famous) I will try to do that, but please resolve the problem,
it's awful and I can't help other peoplee as long as I can't help resolving
my own problem.

ThnX

Y P