orca

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Thu May 10 15:26:20 BST 2007

Hi Mike:

Here's a quick summary from http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall:

sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get install subversion gnome-common
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk
cd trunk
./autogen
make
sudo make install
orca

The only thing I changed here was doing a simple autogen with no prefix
instead of "--prefix=/usr".  The result of not doing "--prefix=/usr" is
that orca will be installed under /usr/local.  On Ubuntu, /usr/local/bin
is in your PATH by default and it's ahead of /usr/bin/.
So, /usr/local/bin/orca should be found and used when you type 'orca',
which is what you want.

Will