Ubuntu Installation

Chris Meredith tallin32 at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 19:18:08 BST 2007

Greetings.

After doing several searches, I can't seem to find the procedure for
installing Ubuntu from the live CD whilst Orca is running (or, more
correctly, I'm finding three or four different versions).  Also, has the
problem been solved that existed before with running Orca in a user session
and not having access to administrator functions and vice versa?

Also, is there a USB to serial converter that will allow me to connect my .
rather ancient . DECtalk Express to my machine and actually install Speakup
and have console access from startup?