gnome-mag 0.14.3 command-line configuration

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:10:23 BST 2007

Hello, everyone.

I just have two questions concerning gnome-mag-0.14.3.  I just donwloaded
the source, compiled, and installed the program today after downgrading from
Ubuntu Feisty to Edgy (did a fresh install of Edgy).  These questions are
related to the command-line options/parameters for gnome-mag as I use it
soley now rather than through Orca.

I have a launcher set up for gnome-mag using the following command-line
parameters:
magnifier -hmz 5.0
This sets up gnome-mag to dock horizontally with a zoom factor of 5.0.

The questions are as follows:

1)  By default the magnifier is docked at the bottom half of my screen.  Due
to back pains I cannot hunch myself for long periods of time to read the
magnified portion.  Is there a way to set the magnified portion to the top
half of my screen?

2)  Is there a command-line parameter that I can use to remove the
crosshairs?

I've searched through the manpage and help file, but I cannot find anything
related to this.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this situation.

Take care.