Orca branched for gnome-2-18
William.Walker at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 5 15:27:25 GMT 2007
Per the instructions at http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner, we have
created a new branch of Orca for GNOME 2.18.
Note to you wonderful translators who are still working away, I'm not
sure of the appropriate svn terminology to describe the revisions at the
time I made the branch. Here's the commands I typed:
$ svn stat
$ svn update
At revision 2094.
$ svn cp svn+ssh://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk \
Committed revision 2095.
Aside from any critical show stoppers that might come up between now and
the release of GNOME 2.18, we don't expect to make any further code
changes to Orca for GNOME 2.18. Development will continue on trunk,
however, and our main focus for GNOME 2.19/2.20 includes the following
* Continued work with the Firefox and Thunderbird teams to provide
more compelling access to the Web and E-mail.
* Address the i18n/l10n picture. We will make it a high priority goal
to work with the i18n/l10n teams to address these for GNOME
2.19/2.20. Bug 412200 will be used to track this. Please be nice.
We really want to do a good job here.
* Continued work on features/requirements which are in the
specification but not implemented yet. We track all of these
* "Rear view mirror" refactoring to clean up some of the cruftier
portions of the code. This may also include the ability to
better support multilingual text.
* Continued development of the test harness, code coverage analysis,
and regression tests for Orca.
More information about the Ubuntu-accessibility