the new version

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 01:19:41 BST 2007

Hi, to anyone who wants to use the new version of ubuntu. I noticed speech is still broken on todays live CD.
However if you install speech-dispatcher and run orca --setup you can pick speech-dispatcher and get orca working.
Of course the volume will be low, so you have to modify the conf file for speech-dispatcher to a value of 50 to increase it.
One other thing I found is the feature to start orca automatically is also broken and you have to start orca manually every time.
I haven't found any new features yet, but the version of orca is later than the one in feisty, and the preferences for accessibility are nicely grouped together.
Mike.