Laptop with Ubuntu and Orca

Tim Keenan tkeenan79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:48:28 BST 2007

Hi all,
I'm totally blind, and I'm wanting to get up and running with Ubuntu on
a laptop dual-booted with Windows.  Right now I have an Asus laptop,
which I just bought, that apparently doesn't work well at all with
Ubuntu, especially the sound, which is rather important for me.
It's model number ASUS A8SC-A1, pretty much hot off the press (the files
on the hard drive are dated May 16).
Right now I'm thinking I may have to return it and go with a Del 1501,
which seems to work well in a normal configuration, but I'm wondering if
anyone has experience with it using Orca.
Any other laptop advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tim