speech-dispatcher 0.6.2

Guy Schlosser guyster at bex.net
Sat Jun 2 02:01:41 BST 2007

Hey there fellow listers, I have a question regarding
speech-dispatcher 0.6.2.  I compiled it from source using the tarball
at freebsoft.org.  When I execute speech-dispatcher after successful
compile, I get a message that says unable to create pid in
/var/run.  I've even tried this as root and have the same message
displayed.  Is there something I'm missing?  As always, thanks in
advance for all the help.  If this has been answered before, I'm
sorry for duplicating the question.

Guy