Advice for newcomer please? (thanks)

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 25 07:37:37 BST 2007

Carlos Diógenes wrote:
> HI alan,
>
> 2007/7/25, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com>:
>>
>> alan c wrote:
>> It did not take me long to try out some simple things because I
>> already have ubuntu-desktop as one of the session options.
>> I do not think the screen magnifier worked for me on my desktop
>> machine, but it works well on the laptop, which is great for a good
>> demonstration this morning. If things get taken up today I will need
>> to find out a bit more about what the screen magnifier needs.
>

> Why do you think that the magnifier isn't working on your desktop? Could you
> share the problem with me.

Thanks.
I will have to come back on this one later Carlos, but I first tried
stuff on the desktop machine, and I also had to install a package
first to get full facilities, and a server function was also enabled
(it was late, and I cannot recall its name). And sound worked.  I
think I turned on the magnifier then but saw nothing apparently
happen, then had to get to bed....

This morning I used a laptop and turned on the accessibility stuff,
with my new found limited experience, and wow, the magnifier worked
too :-)
On the laptop I was not asked to install any extra package, but the
laptop is a demonstration machine and has different codecs at least.

It may be that I have missed something on the desktop. It may take
some time to get back to it though, and I am very grateful for your
interest.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391