eSpeak is working on PPC!

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 16:46:35 GMT 2007

In article <003901c7409a$c39d84d0$6901a8c0 at thinkpad>,
   Al Puzzuoli <alpuzz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Jonathan, eSpeak is now a viable option on the PPC
> architecture.  I currently have it running on my Mac as the default
> synthesizer for Orca.

> Luke,  Are you now able to compile phoneme data at your end?  I
> thought you had devised a way to do this, but if you still need me to
> send the phoneme data, I'd be happy to do so.

Yes, Luke has also been helping me with this and he now has espeakedit
running on his PPC.

The makefile now includes a test for PPC and automatically defines a
macro for the compilation, so the eSpeak programs know whether to swap
the byte order when writing to the portaudio sound interface.

Unless anyone tells me of any problems, I'll make a new release of
eSpeak tomorrow, version 1.19, from which Luke can make packages.

If anyone has any language data updates, please send them to me now.