getting the gnome-speech eSpeak driver to build? (was, eSpeak v1.18 released, for use with Orca/GnomeSpeech)

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 20:46:41 GMT 2007

Hey Joanie,

I'm seeing the same thing.  I have a number of voices listed in test-speech
as well as in the Orca person dropdown; However,selecting any of these seems
to have no affect.

On a somewhat related note, have you  tried compiling Espeak under Ubuntu
for PPC?  When attempting to do so, I'm getting an error during the make,
having to do with the inability to find lespeak.  It's as if  the compile
depends on the presence of libespeak, but I don't see how to compile
libespeak first.

--Al