Braille support testing

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson jbsn at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 28 00:36:57 GMT 2007

Greetings,

I've tried Feisty Herd 4 with my Alva 320 serial braille display. First of
all I discovered that the live CD wouldn't work if I put the ISO on a
CD-RW disk. However, changing to a CD-R solved that problem.

With sighted assistance, I did all the right things with regard to
providing the information about my braille display, but nothing happened.
When everything was loaded, I changed to a console terminal and loaded
brltty manually. I ran the orca -t setup which worked fine. Then I
switched to Gnome, exited and reloaded it. The speech worked but
there was not a dot of braille.

Regards,

Bertil Smark Nilsson