problem with orca and sound after installation

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Tue Feb 27 17:16:40 GMT 2007

Hi,
I installed Ubuntu 6.10 just yesterday.
I made it alone without problems, using orca in conjunction with my display
braille mdv mb408s, supported by Brltty.
So now?
The problem is that I've no more any sounds!
The first time I rebooted the pc I hear a little sound from my sound blaster
live, then I login into ubuntu and Orca starts properly speaking.
But now, all sounds are mute!
So I tried to open a console and digit:
asoundconf list
to see if there are more than 1 audiocard installed, but the system tells me
only the word "live!" That is my sb live.
Is there a mode to check volumes?
I can use only display braille in text mode or with some difficult also in
gnome environment but without voice, so... if there are commands that can
check and modify volumes please tell them to me!
Thanks in advance.

---
avast! Antivirus: In partenza messaggio pulito.
Virus Database (VPS): 000718-0, 27/02/2007
Controllato il: 27/02/2007 18.16.42