Voice Recognition for Linux

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Wed Feb 21 17:47:47 GMT 2007

On ma, 2007-02-19 at 18:17 +0000, Chris Hayes wrote:
> He does have a website however, and has started a kind of discussion
> thread on that - which is available through this link
> http://www.hi2u.org/discussions/voice4linux.htm
>
> If anyone has had any experience with voice recognition software under
> Linux or knows of any information about it - could you please post
> something about it on my dad's discussion page about it - or, if not -
> just reply to this telling me so I can do it.

About ViaVoice, I found copies of the ViaVoice for Linux SDK & runtime
on some websites (but using them is probably not legal?), and from what
I understand you need some additional old libraries to get them running
too: <http://taint.org/wk/ViaVoiceModernLinux>

OTOH, it seems like ViaVoice still exists for Linux, but they don't sell
any consumer products using it:
<http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/embedded_viavoice_multiplatform/>

--
Jan Claeys