Help needed

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 11 12:42:36 GMT 2007

Satyam wrote:
> 1. When I tried to use  Orca with Firefox, I am not able to read full page
> contents. Only some part of the page is read.
> How I can read Headings, Tables and lists?

If you want to use the versions of Orca and Firefox that came with
Ubuntu, I'd suggest using Orca with ELinks or another text browser (e.g.
Lynx or W3M) in a Gnome Terminal. Alternatively, download the Fire Vox
extension and use that. You may want to install Sun Java and the FreeTTS
speech engine to use with it. Instructions for installing FreeTTS can be
found at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2007-January/msg00215.html

Fire Vox can give you a list of headings, if that's what you mean by
"read Headings".

A third option is to pull down the latest versions of Orca and Firefox
Minefield (which will become Firefox 3), as they now have somewhat
better integration. For instructions on installing Orca see:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/UbuntuEdgyEft

The latest Firefox can be downloaded from:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-3.0a2pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2

You can untar it in /opt with "tar xvfj". I usually set up a new profile
for use with additional versions of Firefox.

> 2. How to setup internet connections?
> I found that in administration menu There is an option to connect to
> internet.
> It is asking for IP address but I use dynamic addressing scheme. My service
> provider gave  me User name and Password.

I'd need more details about your network to be much help here, but if
you're using ethernet not wireless, go into Networking, selected Wired
Connection, then Properties, then Automatic Configuration, then for
Configuration pick "Automatic Configuration (DHCP)" not "Static IP
Address".

I hope that helped a little.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis