call for braille device testing

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 9 12:53:54 GMT 2007

Hello!

We have recently implemented the braille-support spec i Feisty which
aims to provide default support for USB braille devices and relatively
simple configuration of serial and bluetooth devices.

If you have a USB device is should just come up working on a Live CD or
installed Feisty system (provided a screen reader is active to feed it
text). If you boot the Live CD with F5+4 you will get a braille
configuration script for usb, serial or bluetooth devices (this needs
documentation to be useful). The script can be run from a terminal too
with 'brltty-setup'. Expect a few changes in this script soon as well.

So, if you have a braille device, please help us test! Many of the
people who have contributed to this don't have access to braille
displays so we need input from others. Please be patient with the
process, we a expect a fair number of things to not work at the start.
We will make updated scripts available and it would be great if people
could test those before we put it on the CD.

See spec: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/BrailleSupport

Henrik