Problems with Ubuntu Espeak 1.19 package?

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 7 23:02:37 GMT 2007

Jonathan Duddington wrote:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/sound/espeak still shows "Universe".

Not sure how often the packages site is updated, daily perhaps. This one
is minute-by-minute though: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/espeak
and shows espeak 1.19 in main.
> I've just released a new version 1.20, to fix a couple of problems, and
> Luke should be submitting a Ubuntu package of this in time for the
> upstream deadline for Feisty.

We've gone with 1.19 for feature freeze, but we can upgrade to 1.20
later. In fact if we are looking at bug fixes and updated languages only
we can take in new versions even a month from now. It just needs to be
justified and done manually. We may choose to only pull select patches
from later versions.

The reason we opted to to with 1.19 for the freeze is that moving
everything from festival to espeak is a drastic change, while bumping
from 1.19 to 1.20 is not. The version bump can be done after the freeze
but the change of architecture can not.

Henrik