Problems with Ubuntu Espeak 1.19 package?

Mike Pedersen Michael.Pedersen at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 7 20:28:34 GMT 2007

Hi Henrik,
> I don't know about the details of this, but espeak has now
> made it into main and installs fine here. After an update on
> Feisty the espeak driver for gnome-speech becomes available
> in the Orca selection box.

It seems as though all voices have not yet been uploaded.  The ones I've
noticed are the UK female and the English-test-us voice.  The U.S. voice
would be nice to have as it does sound a little more like a U.S. speaker.
Jonathan is really responsive to requests for improvement so perhaps it
should be included and improved as changes are made.
> We still have tweak gnome-speech or Orca to make it run
> espeak by default from the Live CD.

This will be a nice improvement.
Thanks
Mike