Problems with Ubuntu Espeak 1.19 package?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 03:13:05 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I just installed a fresh Feisty,  and attempted to get Orca up and running with the Feisty Espeak 1.19 package.  i noticed the following issues:

1.  after the package was installed, in /usr, I had a libespeak.so.1, as well as a libespeak.so.1.1.19, but no libespeak.so.  In order to get  the gnome-speech configuration script  to even see Espeak,  I had to create a symlink from libespeak.so.1.1.19 to libespeak.so

2.  When attempting to do a make on gnome-speech, I  got errors because at least for me, it appears that the package didn't install /usr/include/espeak/speak_lib.h.

can anyone verify?

Thanks,

--Al