live CD and orca

Paul aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:21:56 GMT 2007

Greetings all,
I recently made a copy of the Ubuntu 7.10 "gutsy Gibbon" CD.  I had in the past played a little with the Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" CD.  When launching the "feisty" CD, you could press F5 at the first menu screen and a list pops up and pressing 3 would launch orca with speech when the desktop loaded in.
I tried doing this with the "gutsy" CD.  The list box appeared, but when I press 3 orca does not load in automatically.  I have to manually launch orca, alter the preferences, and logout/back in again.
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?  Has the list provided by F5 changed since "Feisty?"

Thank you in advance for any illumination you might be able to shed on this issue.