has anyone tried the new alpha version.

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Sun Dec 2 20:44:40 GMT 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 09:45:52AM EST, mike coulombe wrote:
> Hi, I know it is a little early, but I decided to try the new version of ubuntu that has began production.
> Hardy comes up fine, but like the last release, orca doesn't work. I just wondered if anyone else has taken a look at this version with sighted help. If so what is said when orca is run.

Hi Mike
I have had a look at it, and I am well aware of the problems with orca. Please note that it is called an alpha for a good reason. Things can and do break.

> I know this will be fixed, so this isn't a complaint. I just wondered if there is a problem, or if it is a setting I need to change. I also found it didn't > load on one of my other computers. But this bug is already listed as a video problem.

Thanks for confirming what I already know. I'll be letting the list know if there are any significant developments accessibility wise.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at themuso.com