Accessibility for Disabled using a Switch.

Glen Darby glen.m.darby at virgin.net
Thu Aug 23 19:31:57 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm totaly new to this forum / list and was wondering if anyone could
help me through a project I am aiming at.

Any help in the way of pointers would be a great start.
I am attempting to produce some software that will do the same or
similar job as ez-key does on a windows os.

It interacts with programmes on the os via a switch which is the only
means of interaction that this disabled chap can use.

In effect it allows him access via x and y co-ordinates managed by
clicking or holding the switch untill the x co-ordinate is accessed,
then doing similar for the y co-ordinate to be accessed. Once in the
correct place a visual onscreen keyboard can be accessed for entering
data either into form fields or onto notepad / word or the like.

I have a little programming background but only in Perl/CGI, php
javascript.

Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards.
Glen.