Orca on GNOME, using Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn"

Mírian Bruckschen cleo.sl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:55:48 BST 2007

Hi all (again :)),

I'm now running GNOME under Ubuntu (7.04), and Orca latest SVN version
(Orca 2.21.0pre). Or trying to. I'm probably missing something, since
my Orca refuses to speak (unless in the GUI Preferences window of Orca
itself, and, even so, it's only when it's starting or I press one of
the buttons; the options are not read when I pass by them using
keyboard or mouse).

Looking at the GUI Prefs window, everything seems to be OK, in terms
of configuration: speech enabled, speech system (GNOME...), speech
synthetizer (eSpeak), voice config (default), character (brazil
(pt))... What I am missing?

Thanks for any ideas,

--
Mírian Bruckschen