New Mailing List Signee

Arielle Cruz arielle.cruz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 22:22:42 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

Mabuhay! I came across *"Joining the Ubuntu Accessibility Team" *thread in
the Ubuntu Forum and from there signed up to this mailing list.

My name is Arielle, from the Philippines, and I am a freelance web designer
who is also connected to my country's web accessibility group (PWAG,
http://www.pwag.org).

I have been using Ubuntu exclusively since the Edgy release last year and
this is the first and only Linux distribution that I've tried to date. But
novice as I am, I would like to have the opportunity to test Ubuntu's
accessibility features, primarily those concerning web browsing and other
related operations for three reasons:

First and the more self-serving one is of course, for providing myself a
testing tool for my work. Second is for providing PWAG added knowledge on
accessible software since most of us in our group have only heard of JAWS.
(I try to use ORCA when I can though and I'm anxious to find out how well it
will work with the new Firefox.)
And most importantly, to give a small contribution of time and effort to the
Ubuntu community where from I have benefited much in the last several
months.

Um... I guess that's it for now? I hope you'll take me. =)

Cheers!
Arielle (I'm a guy, by the way)

--
Arielle B Cruz