Orca, AT-SPI and the Compiz zoom project

Kristian Lyngstøl kristian at bohemians.org
Mon Apr 30 21:04:53 BST 2007

I've been trying to familiarise myself with the whole world of
accessibility, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what I'll
actually need for my Compiz zoom project this summer.

I know pretty much everything I need to know on the compiz-side of
things, but accessibility is new to me, and I'm hoping for a few
pointers for where to look for information, or rather what information
to look for.

I understand that Orca allready knows where the cursor is, and what I
need to know is how to get to that information. Is it a matter of
letting Orca drive the maginifier, or could I use at-spi for instance
to get the information directly?

I had a quick glance at gnome-magnifier but it seemed it would take
more time for me to understand that, than just ask here.

--
Regards,
Kristian