need an off-line build dep for orca under ubuntu, is it possible?

Lukas Loehrer listaddr1 at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 11:15:27 BST 2007

krishnakant Mane writes ("Re: need an off-line build dep for orca under ubuntu, is it possible?"):
> I did not get what you are trying to suggest.

My suggestions was that you build a debian/Ubuntu binary package that tracks
orca svn head. You will end up with a file like:

gnome-orca-svn+20070425_i386.deb

I do not know what the official naming convention for such a package
would be but something along the line of the above.

This way you will not have to install anything additional on the
target machines. You would just do:

dpkg -i gnome-orca-svn+20070425_i386.deb

> what I am worried is how to simulate the apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
> without the internet connection?

You will not need this once you have built the package, i.e. the
build dependencies are not needed to install the binary package.

Best regards, Lukas