can't set up the build environment for Orca on Ubuntu

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.org
Tue Apr 24 23:10:42 BST 2007

Mohammed Al-shar' wrote:
> anyway, my problem is when I issue "sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca" it
> tells me:
> e: could not open file
> /var/lib/apt/lists/jo.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_universe_fource_Fources
>    - open (2 no such file or directory)

I would check the hard disk partition, it is perhaps full.
For example, you may type in a console:
df -kh /var
If it is ok, I would trace the systems calls for getting a more
detailled error message.
For  example as root:
strace -o /tmp/log apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
The resulting file, /tmp/log, is quite verbose, but hopefully a more
explicit error message might be found around the end of the file.
If you send the log file to me, I will try to look at it.
Best regards,
Gilles

--
Oralux.org http://association.oralux.org