need help with networking

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Sun Apr 22 05:08:44 BST 2007

Hi, does anyone know how to enable networking in feisty so a windows machine can see it.
The admin app doesn't work with orca so I assume I will have to do this through the terminal.
I see my windows computers from the linux box and have no problem connecting to them.
However, the windows computers do not see the linux machine at all.
I think in edgy they did, but I could never log in to the linux machine.
I'm becoming more impressed with ubuntu every day.
Mike.