Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 28 16:03:20 BST 2006

Scott Ainslie Sutton wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to introduce myself to the Ubuntu Accessibility Team. My name
> is Scott and I've recently become a Member of The Ubuntu Forums. I've
> been using the Linux Operating System for 5 months and I hope, as
> someone with a disability, that I can aid the development and
> improvement of accessibility and functionality of the Ubuntu Linux
> distribution for those with difficulties and both myself and my
> partner are disabled and can offer insights into where we feel aid is
> best needed and exactly how features can be improved. I look forward
> to aiding the development of Ubuntu Linux and hope to be able to
> contribute to the project in a meaningful way.

Hello Scott!

I see you have already signed up for the team in launchpad. A good way
to start may be to look at the bugs already associated with the Access
team: https://launchpad.net/people/accessibility/+subscribedbugs and
then do some testing of the various access features in Ubuntu and report
your findings in launchpad, ideally using the latest edgy.

Helping new users (as you are a 5 month veteran) here on this list and
in the forum is also a great help.

Welcome!

Henrik