idea for the installer

Krister Ekstrom krister at kristersplace.ws
Wed Sep 27 09:18:31 BST 2006

Hi folks,
I don't think the problem is the installer being accessible or not, at
least in Ubuntu, the graphical installer works very well, at least if
you have a hard drive dedicated to Linux. The thing that can be tricky,
or rather that is tricky is that speecha and braille don't follow when
you switch to being a root user from a regular user. You'll have to kill
Orca as a regular user and then start it again as root, and this can
sometimes cause problems. What would be good was if there was a way to
smoothly switch speech with the user so that one could switch users
without losing assistive technology and i think this is being worked on.
Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
/Krister