services are not spoken.

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 25 14:23:43 BST 2006

Hi Mike:

I definitely appreciate you testing out Orca and bringing potential
problems to our awareness.  Without people doing this, problems would
probably go unnoticed for too long.

I'm not sure, however, what you mean by "the services you can pick
from."  Can you please provide more detail?  If it is the
"System->Administration->Services" application (also available as
"services-admin" from the command line), the problem may be that the app
presents things as a table.  The first column is just checkboxes and the
second column is the thing being enabled/disabled.

You can navigate the information using the arrow keys, where the right
arrow will take you to the description and the left arrow will take you
to the checkbox to enable/disable the service.  In addition, pressing
Insert+F11 in Orca should hopefully toggle the ability of Orca to read
the entire row automatically so you don't have to arrow around.

Hope this helps,

Will

PS - If you haven't joined the Orca user's mailing list, it would be
great if you could.  That's where we intend Orca-specific discussion to
happen: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/orca-list