info that may help some of you with install.

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Wed Sep 20 00:21:21 BST 2006

I give this with no guarantee, but it has worked three times in a row for me.
I hope the orca team can get speech for us for these steps,
but in the mean time here is what worked for me.
First run add remove and pick the programs you want.
Orca reads them but you may have to play with the tab to get focus.
When you find a file you wantusing down arrow,  press enter on it.
After picking all the ones you want, apply the changes.
It will ask you to review the programs.
I could only see the first one, this didn't read a list when using arrow keys.
   Now apply again and when it asks enter your password. Let orca finish talking or it may hang.
Tab to ok and press enter.
It takes a little time to set things up, and unfortunately their is no speech after you enter your password and press ok.
Just weight two minutes or so to be safe.
Now press tab two times, this will take you to the final apply button and press enter.
You will know if it worked, because in a short time the hard drive will make noise.
There will be no speech, so you will have to weight several minutes to be safe.
For one file five should do it. For several I would leave it for a hour or so.
Last press enter again. The hard drive will make some noise because it checks the system.
In a minute or two press enter again and orca should in a short time speak again.
   I know this isn't convenient, but at least for now it does work.
Most of the apse I got don't work with speech. However I did get a very nice system info utile that work very well with orca and tells you everything.
   Does anyone know what the other 300 packages are for that show up when running the package manager?
My daughter saw one of them was the apple airport card. I would assume these are driver packages.
Hope this helps someone
    Mike.